So, I’m getting ready to take a little Tumblr sabbatical, but before I do, I wanted to submit to BBB. As I explained recently, I’m not exactly comfortable going shirtless because a guy’s masculinity is often tied to how muscular he appears. And although the waterpark we went to was fat friendly (I wrote about the experience here), I was still incredibly self-conscious about walking around shirtless when all these muscle-bound guys seemed to have “earned” the right to go shirtless.
This picture is my way of saying fuck your definitions of masculinity. I hate swimming with a t-shirt on (which I did the second day since I scored a wicked sunburn on the first) and going shirtless allowed me to enjoy my day at the waterpark with our kids all the more.
Stop worrying what others will think of your exposed body and do what makes you happy
Good for this guy. :)
Men never talk about body image openly, about how it affects them. Which is a shame. I think we forget amid all of the talk about women and body image that this hurts guys too.
- kempertron reblogged this from kylathegreat and added:
- farcical-aquatic-ceremony reblogged this from kylathegreat
- trashfemme reblogged this from kylathegreat and added:
- randomlancila reblogged this from kylathegreat and added:
- themightyif said: This is fantastic! Thank you for being brave in a situation that was challenging for you, and for wanting to “Stick it to The Man(tm).” on this issue. [Also, you’re a gorgeous guy. *blush*]